2785 White Bear Ave North, Maplewood, MN
Annual Salary Range: $62,300 to $92,600
The Ramsey/Washington Recycling and Energy Board (R&E Board) has a new position opening for a Planning Specialist. The person in this position should have strong knowledge and experience in project management, experience in strategic planning and policy development, understanding of environmental policy in Minnesota, be skilled in research and evaluation, and experienced in intergovernmental relations.
This is professional work, primarily in these areas:
- Serve as project manager for several complex projects related to facility and technology improvements at the R&E Center, and procurement of markets for materials produced at the Center.
- Coordinate activities related to the Alliance on Waste and Energy, a new joint powers agreement created by the R&E Board and Hennepin County that focuses on public policy development.
- Conduct research and evaluation in energy and/or environmental fields.
- Work with entities in the private, public and non-profit sector to identify partnerships and opportunities for managing waste as a resource.
- Participate in community engagement activities.
- Work closely with staff from Ramsey and Washington Counties on planning and policy development.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Public Health, Sociology, Environmental Science, Environmental Health, Natural Sciences, or Political Science or a related field.
- Experience: Six years of experience in public sector planning, service delivery, or a function related to waste management, environmental health, environmental science or a related field.
- Substitution: A Master's Degree in Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Public Policy, Public Health, Environmental Science, Environmental Health, Natural Sciences or Political Science may substitute for two years of the required experience.